LEGO has revealed the latest LEGO Creator set, the Fiat 500. This is retailing at £74.99 ($89.99), has a generous 960 pieces and has a few extra’s that make the set more fun to display and play with.
This set will be released on Sunday 1st March.
In summary, the specifications of this set are:
- 960 pieces.
- Folding easel
- Painting of the car in front of the colosseum
- A suitcase that fixes on the back of the car
The car itself looks great and fits mostly with the shape, looks, and feel of a Fiat 500. The colour matches really well to the yellow Fiat 500 from the 1950s, the newer style ones you seem to see nowadays is more of a darker yellow. I love the effort that’s gone into this set, the smallest of details haven’t been missed and the fact they carry this inside and out of the car is perfect.
Carrying this on, I have to mention the rear-mounted engine, this is just pure craftsmanship. Again with the level of detail and the way they seem to have effortlessly managed to integrate it into the back of the car is something the creator should be proud of.
I am not too sure how popular Fiat 500s are outside of LEGO, so I cannot really say how well this set’s going to do but for those who have an interest in LEGO® and cars, you do not want to miss this one from your collection.
LEGO seems to have a fixation on the Fiat 500, they have built a life-size 1950s Fiat 500. It has 189,032 pieces and took over 830 hours to build!
To celebrate the release of the new LEGO® Creator Fiat 500 set and their life-size model of the Fiat 500, LEGO® have put together some vintage style posters. We hope you enjoy these as much as I did whilst writing this.
The read up from the LEGO® website
This LEGO® Creator Expert Fiat 500 model car (10271) recreates a true icon of classic automotive design. Teenagers and adult fans will enjoy the challenging building experience offered by this model kit based on the Fiat 500F legend from the late ‘60s, and will appreciate all the authentic LEGO® brick details, such as the luggage rack with suitcase, detailed interior, and opening roof, doors, hood and tailgate. To complete the Italian theme, this classic model car also includes a folding easel with a paintbrush, palette and small ‘painting’ of the car in front of the famous Colosseum in Rome.
Building toys that bring passion to life
LEGO Creator Expert building kits are for adults and teenagers with a passion. From classic model cars and authentic buildings to fairground rides and other objects of desire, Creator Expert advanced LEGO® sets offer a world of nostalgia, escapism, self-expression, pure enjoyment and surprise. Oh, and kids sometimes also use them as toys!
- Recreate a taste of ‘La Dolce Vita’ with an advanced LEGO® Creator Expert Fiat 500 model car brimming with Italian flair and LEGO® brick details that teenagers and adults will enjoy building and displaying with pride.
- This model kit features a luggage rack, suitcase, detailed interior, engine, spare wheel and opening roof, doors, hood and tailgate. There’s even a ‘painting’ of the car by the Colosseum to complete the Italian feel.
- This advanced set is part of an amazing collection of authentic LEGO® model cars and other iconic objects of desire that offer relaxing ‘me time’ building and impressive display centerpieces.
- More experienced teenage and adult builders will love to receive this 960-piece Fiat 500 model car as a birthday, Christmas or special-occasion gift.
- Measuring over 11 cm (4.5 inches) high, 24 cm (9.5 inches) long and 11 cm (4.5 inches) wide, this buildable model makes for an impressive display piece on its own or as part of a collection of LEGO® sets.
- While toy cars run on batteries, this collector’s item runs on pure imagination and creativity.
- The included building instructions recreate the look and feel of the original promotional material, with fun facts about the real car, history of the Fiat company and an interview with the LEGO® designer of this classic car model.
- LEGO® Creator Expert building kits for adults and teenagers are challenging builds based on things people are passionate about, such as classic cars, authentic buildings, fairground rides and much more.
- Since 1958, LEGO® bricks have been tested to the highest industry standards to ensure consistency and compatibility, and that they connect and pull apart easily every time.
- At the LEGO® Group, we drop, heat, crush, twist and analyze LEGO® pieces to make sure all of our advanced LEGO® sets meet the highest global safety and quality standards.