This is an alternative model for the set 42099. It’s an off-road SUV type of vehicle, i call it “Trail Blazer”. While creating this MOC, the focus was on getting solid performance and i think that goal was achieved: It has a decent speed while at the same time having a considerable amount of torque; the two XL motors are very close to the wheels with just a pair of gears between them for minimum friction, each motor is driving one of the rear wheels. This is not a crawler, but rather a vehicle that can run on a wide variety of terrains, the motors won’t stall easily on this one, please watch the video at the bottom of the page to get a clearer idea.
Length: 39cm / 49 studs
Width: 23cm / 28 studs
Heigth: 20cm / 25 studs
Weight: 1,3Kg (with batteries)
– Independent suspension on all wheels
– Remote-controlled steering
– Remote-controlled drive on the rear wheels: RWD
– The final gear ratio from the XL motors into the rear wheels is 1,67:1
– The front axle ground clearance are 4 studs, and 3 studs on the rear axle.
– To swap the batteries, the SUV needs to partially dismantled: the rear, roof and cabin can be taken out as entire sections for that purpose; this process takes just 1 minute.
– The green button to turn on the hub is easily accessible from below the vehicle.
This MOC is an Alternate Build of the following: 42099