Rebuild your 4×4 X-treme Off-Roader into this new SUV alternative model.
For my second alternative build of the 42099 set I wanted to create a different kind of vehicle and slightly faster than my previous MOC, the Sand Runner buggy had a 2.34:1 gear ratio, the result was this SUV called “Trail Blazer” with a 1.67:1 gear ratio, that’s a noticeable improvement in speed.
It’s another solid off-roader, but not a crawler.
– Remote-controlled drive and steering
– Independent suspension on all wheels
Worth mentioning aspects:
– It’s RWD with a gear ratio of 1.67:1
– Decent ground clearance for off-roading, 4 studs at the front axle, 3 studs at the rear axle
– The planetary wheel hubs are not used on the rear wheels
– The button to turn on the hub is accessible from below
– Needs a custom profile from the Powered Up app to be controlled. Detailed steps are provided within the MOC building instructions for this as well.