Rebuild your 4×4 X-treme Off-Roader into this new Buggy B-model.
I wanted my first alternative build for the 42099 set to be very different from the original model, so I went with this extreme-looking, off-road buggy called “Sand Runner”.
It’s a solid off-roader, but not a crawler.
– Remote-controlled drive and steering
– Independent suspension on all wheels
Worth mentioning aspects:
– It’s RWD, the transmission has a differential and a final gear ratio of 2.34:1
– Decent ground clearance for off-roading, 4 studs at the front axle, 5 studs at the rear axle
– The planetary wheel hubs are not used on the rear wheels
– The button to turn on the hub is accessible through the driver’s cabin
– Batteries can be easily swapped from below the car
– Needs a custom profile from the Powered Up app to be controlled. Detailed steps are provided within the MOC building instructions for this as well.